A state separation Contract is a formal contract under the aegis of a state for a formal separation of the husband and wife. It lists the terms under which the parties will functions, their divisions in property, rights and responsibilities.
Sample State Separation Contract:
COMMONWEALTH of MASSACHUSETTS
The Trial Court
The state separation agreement is made between Don Bresnon, referred to as the “husband” residing in 2050 Bamako Place, Washington DC, 20521 and Allen Bresnon, referred to as the “wife” residing in 4309 S Mailstreet, Chicago, Illinois, 60609. The husband and wife were married in Queen’s Island, Washington DC, 20521 on 14th Feb 2004 and last lived together as husband and wife at 2050 Bamako Place, Washington DC, 20521 on 04 Apr 2009.
No. of children were born of this marriage: 2
Child1 name: Sonia Bresnon
Child2 name: Dan Bresnon
None of the children born of this marriage are under the age of eighteen years or are dependent on the parties for support.
Terms of the state separation agreement
The husband and wife hereby agree to the following:
- Neither party holds any interest in real estate.
- There has been a full and satisfactory division of all other personal property and each party shall hold full right, title and interest in their personal property.
- Husband shall have full right, title and interest in the bank account: 467543879823
- Wife shall have full right, title and interest in the bank account: 765807689523
- Each party hereby waives past and present alimony from the other and reserves the matter of future alimony for consideration by the Court should the need arise.
Signature of the husband: Don Bresnon
Signature of the wife: Allen Bresnon