A room tenancy contract is a document drafted when an individual takes the room of a property of a landlord on rent. This contract mentions the terms and conditions to be followed by both the parties which includes the amount of rent to paid, details about the room, facilities provided and others.
Sample Room Tenancy Contract
This tenancy contract has been prepared between John Woo the landlord and Jack Smith the tenant as Jack Smith is taking a room on rent from the residential property owned by John Woo and located at:
5354 Green Maurice Drive
New York, New Jersey 5478
This contract has been drafted on 12th of March 2010 and will expire on 11th of March 2011.
These are terms and conditions agreed by both the landlord and the tenant:
- Jack Smith will be taking a room of the residence on rent. He is not supposed to stay in any other part of the residence without the permission of John Woo.
- The rental amount required to be paid every month is $500 which should be paid by the first week of every month.
- The tenant has to pay a security deposit of $2000 which will refunded at the expiry of the contract.
- The electricity bill of the room will also be paid by the tenant.
- If the tenant is found disturbing the residents of other rooms or if there is any complaint from other residents, the tenant will be asked to leave without any notice period.
Find the signature of both the parties below:
Signature of the landlord Signature of the tenant
John Woo Jack Smith