An employment contract is a kind of an agreement which is made when an employer employs an employee. It can either be a verbal or a written document.
An employee is a person who works for another person under a contract of hire i.e. he gets paid for the services he is offering. An employer is an individual or an institution that hires the worker/employee.
It is a contract used to assign certain responsibilities and duties to the employee and his/her employer. For example-the employer has right to give instructions and power to control .This kind of a contract is enforceable by law.
An employment contract must state clearly the following:
- Exact nature of work expected from the employee.
- The details of the payment of wages.
- The work timings and the list of holidays granted.
- The detailed contact information of the employee for reference.
- Consent of the parties in form of signatures.
This site provides you with different types of employment contracts.