A design license contract is one that is entered into between two parties wherein one is the owner of the design and the other is one who wants to obtain license from the owner for the design. Both the parties in the design license contract are known as licensor and licensee in the contract. The design license contract provides for all the terms and conditions that are required to be fulfilled by both the parties in the contract without fail.
Sample Design License Contract
This design license contract is entered into on the 29th July 2013 between Mr. Claire Black who is the owner of the design and hereafter known as licensor and M/s Software Solutions Inc who wants to obtain license for the design hereafter known as the licensee in the contract.
Details of Licensor
Mr. Claire Black,
#4, Hebburn, Tyne and Wear,
Details of Licensee
M/s Software Solutions Inc,
Cow bridge, South Glam organ,
Terms of the design license contract :-
1. The licensor agrees to offer the license to the licensee for a period of 12 years.
2. The licensor offers to provide the design license to the licensor wherein design means all logos, sketches, visual designs, illustrations and creative concept becomes the property of the licensee.
3. The licensor agrees not to share the design license with any other person without the prior approval of the licensee at any point of time during the license period specified here above.
4. The licensee agrees to offer an amount of 25000 pounds to the licensor for obtaining the license which will be paid at the beginning of the term of the design license contract itself.
5. The licensor shall retain all the ownership rights of the design while only the usage license is being issued to the licensee for appropriate commercial use only.
Signature of the licensor: ______________
Signature of the licensee: _________________