A commercial design contract is a kind of a contract which is formed when a client hires a designer for any kind of designing related services. These contracts are either formed for interior designing services, fashion designing services or textile designing etc. A commercial design contract is formed for a set period of time and consists of certain terms and conditions which are legally binding for the parties involved. A sample of one such commercial design contract has been given below for the reference of those who need help.
Sample Commercial Design Contract
This contract has been brought into effect on 29th May 2013
Effective period of contract: 12 months
Termination date of contract: 29th May 2014
This contract has been formulated by and between the DESIGNER and the CLIENT. Herein, the CLIENT has hired the DESIGNER for providing commercial fashion designing services for the garment company owned by the CLIENT.
Name: Patricia Andrews
Residential address: F-90, jack’s street, London
Phone number: 4024703250
Name: Peter Mathews
Office Address: W-34, Second floor, potter’s enclave, London
Phone number: 4079403250
Details of Fashion Designing Services
The DESIGNER is hired to design the women’s collection for the CLIENT’s company called Mathews Designs for a period of 1 year. The designs must be passed by the CLIENT to make it to the collection.
Terms and Conditions
- The DESIGNER agrees to design the women’s line for 1 year for the CLIENT.
- A salary of $5000 is paid by the CLIENT to the DESIGNER every month.
- The salary should be paid by 5th of every month.
- The CLIENT holds the right to reject the designs and make necessary suggestions.
- The DESIGNER must be present on the official address of the CLIENT’s company on all working days of the week.