Investors can benefit much more when they do it in liaison with a partner. It isn’t just informative and advantageous to work with a partner but also fun at times. Investment clubs are meant for just that, partnership while investing. A contract should however, be made by the members of the club so that the details of the partnership are all laid out clearly.
A contract that an investment club makes with its partners that is legally binding is an investment club partnership contract.
Here is what an investment club partnership contract usually consists of:
Before you download one of the sample investment club partnership contracts that we have got, you should know what a contract such as that is usually made up of. Here are all the components of an investment club partnership contract listed out.
- The name of the investment club, its details, the name of the investor and his details are all mentioned in the contract at the beginning.
- The rules and regulations that are to be followed by all the members in the club and the investment methods are all then listed out.
- Terms and conditions to be followed by the members of the club and the signatures then follow.
Sample Investment Club Partnership Contract
A real estate investment partnership contract is a kind of a contract which is formed between two or more than two real estate companies which get together to become investment partners for a fixed period of time. These contracts are legally binding in nature for the involved parties which means that none of the parties can violate the terms mentioned in the contract. A real estate investment partnership contract is generally formed to seal the terms on which the parties shall carry out investment deals together. The following is a sample of the same.
Sample Real Estate Investment Partnership Contract
This real estate investment partnership contract has been formed by and between PARTY 1 and PARTY 2 as on 15th July 2012.
This contract shall remain effective for a period of 12 months
The details of involved parties have been given in the following lines:
Party 1 Details:
Name of the company: Paul Property developers and builders
Name of representative: Paul Newman
Contact number: 4774893489
Official address: 2-U, second floor, Jack tower, London
Party 2 Details:
Name of the company: Tim Black Construction works
Name of representative: Tim Black
Contact number: 4989474904
Official address: 12-j, Fred’s corporate tower, London
Details of Investment Partnership:
The parties shall be investment partners in the ratio 1:1 for the effective period of the contract.
Terms and Conditions:
- By the means of this contract, PARTY 1 and PARTY 2 shall now make investment decisions together and would be 1:1 partners of profits and losses which are incurred through the investments.
- PARTY 1 shall be handling the finances in this contract while PARTY 2 shall be handling the investment opportunities.
- This contract makes it obligatory for both the parties to abide by the terms mentioned as violation shall lead to legal actions.
Signatures of the Parties:
Secured investment contracts are ones that are entered into between investors and the government. The investor invests money with the government and the government in turn issues bonds known as secured investments. The government invests this money into other companies which enhance development. The contract specifies the terms and conditions essential for obtaining the investment from the investors.
Sample Secured Investment Contracts
This secured investment contract is entered into between the Basingstoke Company refereed to as the Company and Rachel Anthony corporation hereafter referred to as investor on the 30th of June 2013 for the purpose of investment into secured bonds of the company specified herein above.
The terms of the contract are:
- The contract for investment into secured investments by the investor shall be effective from the 15th of July 2013 for twelve months and shall be renewable further according to the investor’s request.
- The company agrees to provide guarantee for the investment which includes the principal and a minimum incentive as decided by the company board from time to time.
- The investor is entitled to receive all returns from the company on the investment on an annualized basis from the company directly into the account of the investor.
- The company has the discretion to charge a penalty on the investment in the event of early withdrawal of investment by the investor. The investor will receive the investment within five business days after deduction of administrative charges and fees as applicable.
- The investor is assigned with all reasonable rights to inspect and check the financial information of the company once in a year.
- The investor is required to maintain tax details for the investment in his individual capacity for the earnings received on the principal investment from the company. The company will issue an interest certificate to the investor once in a year for this purpose.
Signature of Investor ______________________
Signature of Company Authorized Person ____________________
A personal investment contract is one that is entered into by an individual investor with a company for making personal investments. These types of contracts include the details of the parties involved and the terms and conditions agreed between them.
Sample Personal Investment Contract
This agreement of personal investment is entered into between ABC Investment Limited hereafter known as “Financial Company” and Mr. Jacob Anthony hereafter known as investor on the 5th of March 2013 wherein the investor agrees to invest an amount of 15000 pounds into the financial company.
Recitals of the Personal Investment contract :
- The contract of personal investment between the parties is effective from the 10th of March 2013.
- The investor is willing to invest an amount of 10000 pounds with the company for an annual interest accruable at the rate of 18% per annum which is payable quarterly by the company directly into the bank account of the investor.
- The financial company agrees to guarantee the principal amount invested by the company and promises to pay a penalty of 1% per month in case of not refunding the investment to the investor on maturity.
- The investment made by the investor in the financial company is locked in for a term period of three years after which the investor can withdraw the amount without any penalty. When the investor withdraws the amount invested within a period of three years there is a penalty of 1% applicable on the principal amount calculated on actuarial basis on the time frame remaining.
- The financial company is required to provide investment certificate to the investor within fifteen days of receipt of the investment amount without fail. In the event of non-compliance with this clause tenders the investor to seek legal remedy as necessary.
- The civil court of Kent will govern the terms specified in this investment contract and any dispute should be taken to the appropriate court in the state of Kent only.
Signature of the Financial Company representative: ___________
Signature of the Investor: ________________
A foreign investment contract is one that is a cross border investment wherein the investor and the asset holding company belong to two different countries. The foreign investment contract helps to protect the interests of both the parties by specifying the terms of the contract in a clear manner well in advance.
Sample Foreign Investment Contracts
The foreign investment contract is entered on 6th of May, 2012 between the two parties namely Gordon Inc and Innosa Associates wherein the first party is the investing company and the second company is the asset company. The various clauses of this contract are detailed in the articles given below :-
Article 1 – the investor company will invest the amount of money in pounds which is the accepted currency in the country of the asset company.
Article 2 – the investor company agrees to make the investment within a period of thirty days from the date of this contract through wire transfer to the bank account of the asset company.
Article 3 – the amount transfer shall not be the upfront investment made by the investor company as there is deduction of currency conversion and fess for allocation of investment made by the investor company.
Article 4 – the asset company agrees to adhere to the clause of non-investment in prohibited trades as specified by the foreign investment treaties between both the countries.
Article 5 – the investor company shall be wholly responsible for seeking approval from the government for making foreign investment and does not hold the asset company responsible in any way for the same.
Article 6 – the asset company shall allocate the stocks to the investor company within the time specified in this contract. The asset company liable to be prosecuted for non-issuance of stock certificate to the investing company within thirty days of receipt of investment amount.
Article 7 – all disputes between the two companies belonging to the different countries shall be resolved in the international civil court only.
Signature of both the parties is provided below:
Signature of the Investor: _______________________
Signature of the Asset Company: __________________